Feast of St. Peter and St. Paul This is one Great celebrations for Catholic and Orthodox Christians, And is celebrated differently in different countries of the world. In Peru, the festival of San Pedro and San Pablo is mainly celebrated in cities such as Symbot, Calao, Moguqua, Puno and Lima.
In our country, the celebration at Sorillos is traditional in memory of the patron saint of fishermen, San Pedro.Not only did he pay tribute to the fisherman Jose Olia, but he also died a martyr for the independence of Peru at the hands of the Viceroyalty of Spain.
The country is suffering due to health emergency COVID-19 Processions and all kinds of meetings held for this special date were suspended.
Why the holiday on June 29?
June 29 It is a holiday in countries with a Catholic population St. Peter and St. Paul In memory of the sacrifice of the apostles in Rome Paul of Simon Peter and Torres.
St. Peter’s and St. Paul’s Day
The solitude of St. Peter and St. Paul is celebrated on June 29th, Acknowledging the Christian virtues of two of the greatest and most recognized apostles who defended the gospel with their lives, due to the following virtues:
- They are the founders of the Church of Rome.
- They are the spiritual column of the Church.
- Both were victims in Rome.
- They are the patrons of Rome and the representatives of the gospel.
- They are the opposite version of Cain and Abel.
In the Christian calendar, the date is used Commemorating the Sacrifice of Simon Peter and Paul of Torres, The two apostles who came with Christ during the gospel crusade. According to Jesus of Nazareth, Simon Peter was one of his favorite apostles He named him his heir by naming him the “fisherman of men.”
Upcoming Holidays in Peru 2021
The remaining holidays of the year are as follows:
- July: Wednesday July 28th and Thursday July 29th (National Holidays)
- August: Monday, August 30 (Santa Rosa de Lima)
- September: No holidays
- October: Friday, October 8 (Battle of Angamos)
- November: Monday, November 1 (All Saints’ Day)
- December: Wednesday, December 8 (Immaculate Conception Day) / Saturday, December 25 (Christmas).
This is family training without leaving home on June 29th
To ensure the participation of residents in the first family training, the Metropolitan Municipality of Lima (MML) has created a virtual module that allows you to know the exit routes and outdoor safe points in fencing.
This Tuesday, the 29th, from 10 a.m., there will be an eviction-free family rehearsal. Therefore, it is essential that citizens participate by developing their family emergency plan, reviewing their internal safe areas, and integrating it with their backpack in times of emergency. Enter to participate Here.