Left-wing candidate for Colombian presidential campaign Gustavo PedroPromised this Thursday, his rival, Rodolfo HernandezAfter refusing to attend any such meeting, the court ordered that he “have no intention” to attend the hearing.
“What we have verified today is that Rodolfo Hernandez has no intention of participating in the debate.”Pedro’s chief negotiator argued, Alphonse PradaAfter leaving the meeting with the Colombian National Radio Television Public Media Organization (RTVC), which is responsible for organizing the event.
The Supreme Court of Bogot approved a Tudola move (Ricarzo di Ambaro) which ordered a debate between the candidates on the ballot.Pedro had already confirmed his attendance yesterday and Hernandez did the same today, but imposed certain conditions, such as topics to be discussed, providers, or to be held in his city, புக்காரமங்கா.
The High Court resolution said that the candidates should today discuss the rules and topics and jointly request the RTVC to hold a discussion, for which Prada, the manager of Pedro’s campaign, went to speak at the headquarters of the public company.
Strategic, however Petro Promised that “None of his (Hernandez) compromisers came.” And there “he did not send any reason at all, so that we could clearly verify that he was not willing to hold a discussion.”
“We are prepared to do so before a judicial decision is made, but in accordance with the judgment, we have endorsed our desire that the Colombian people be entitled to see and direct the dissertation of each campaign live.” Prada promised.
Conditions of Hernandez
then what Petro He did not attend many of the ten discussions that took place before the round on May 29th. Hernandez He refused to go into further discussions after finishing second in those elections because he promised that form would not allow him to express his ideas and proposals.
For this reason, several organizations presented the defender before the judge, who finally ruled that a hearing should be held four days before the second round.
Hernandez, a billionaire construction entrepreneur, agreed to take part in the debate and sent a letter to his competitor this morning, but imposed a number of conditions.The meeting was held in Bucaramanga, the city where he was mayor, or hosted by Vicky Davila, director of Semana magazine, and journalists from La FM Darcy Quinn and RCN News Jessica de la Pena. As well as “the three men we choose by common consent”.
He also imposed topics to be discussed in the debate, which were not about proposals for government programs.But about the inputs and outputs of election campaigns such as “bad campaign to tarnish political rivals”, “political alliances of candidates” or “misuse of campaign budget resources”.
Pedro, a senator and former mayor of Bogot, accepted the Democratic nominee’s conditions in a public letter in which he said, “I do not put conditions in this debate. None “, and in the hands of RTVC” all the details of the discussion: from the reviewers, including the topics you raise “.
“We do not propose any restrictions; We accept the rules they propose, the rules of intervention times during the debate, which city you want to walk in; We accept the rules and we do not want restrictions on journalists, “he said.”
However, with three days to go before the second round of elections, the time has come to hold the meeting, as President Evan Duke’s successor will be elected next Sunday.
. “Infuriatingly humble alcohol fan. Friendly entrepreneur. Travel aficionado. Typical tv advocate.”